Karyna M. Neyra, M.D.
Medical School: Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos. Lima, Peru.
Residency: Hackensack University Medical Center at Mountanside, Montclair, NJ
Fellowship: Cleveland Clinic. Cleveland, OH.
– Received specialized training in transplant Infectious Diseases including all solid organ transplantation and bone marrow transplant at Cleveland Clinic
– Tropical medicine training in Research Institute of Tropical Medicine in Manila, Philippines.
– Fluent Spanish speaker
Infectious Disease Society of America
American College of Physicians
American Transplant Society
Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA)
– Chief Resident 2015-2016.
– Presented cases in American College of Chest Physicians 2015 (Chlamydia pneumonia as a cause of cryptogenic organizing pneumonia) and American Neurology Academy / American College of Physicians 2016 (neurosyphilis presenting as myelopathy).
– Travel grant for research on Antifungal Prohylaxis in liver transplant recipients at Infectious Disease society 2017.
– Presenting at American Transplant Congress 2018: use of Colistin in solid organ transplant recipients.
Interests: Antimicrobial resistance, hospital-acquired infections, fungal infections, mycobacterial infections and transplant-related infections.